Dear International Student:
The relevant regulations by the Ministry of Education of People’s Republic of China and the Management Regulations for International Student of SJTU require that:
1. All international students of SJTU must purchase the Group Comprehensive Insurance in Mainland China (Excluding the student with scholarship covering Group Comprehensive Insurance). The insurance should cover the entire study period in SJTU.
2. The student with scholarship covering the Group Comprehensive Insurance doesn’t need to purchase the insurance by self, which will be afforded and purchased by the University or some certain institute after the official registration.
3. The insurance contract or certificate is necessary document for registration of every semester.
4. By the regulations, the student without valid Group Comprehensive Insurance or the student who doesn’t submit the valid insurance document to School of Humanities will NOT be allowed to register in a new semester.
The detailed information on the purchase of group comprehensive insurance is as follows:
I. Introduction of the Group Comprehensive Insurance
1. The name of the Group Comprehensive Insurance: Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China of Ping An Annuity Insurance Company, Ltd.
2. The premium of the Group Comprehensive Insurance: RMB800/one year, RMB400/half year, RMB320/3 months, RMB240/2 months, RMB160/one month.
3. Please log in www.lxbx.net to look up and download the detailed information on the Group Comprehensive Insurance such like the articles, insurance liabilities, insurance claims etc.
II. Introductions of Purchase
1. Please log on www.lxbx.net and purchase the insurance through the online payment from Aug. 14th to Sep. 6th, 2017.
2. You are required to download and print the insurance information including service number after the payment and submit on the registration day.
3. If your insurance record is not found in the system when you login or you fail to complete the purchase before the registration, you may purchase the insurance on the registration date. It could cost you long time on the registration date. （Note: If you purchase insurance on the registration day, you can only pay by cash.）
For more detailed information on the insurance, please visit the website www.lxbx.net or call 24-hour hotline400-810-5119 (press 1). You also could contact Student Affairs Office of School of Humanities, SJTU to consult with more issues of insurance purchase. (The office time in vacation is subject to further notice)
Contact: email@example.com, 021-62822018 (8:30am-17:00pm, Mon.- Fri.)
IV. Insurance Claim
Please dial 4008105119-1 (24-hour, bilingual) as soon as possible in case of any health problems and emergencies to consult issues regarding with the medical treatment, advance payment for hospitalization, insurance claim and so on. You also could login www.lxbx.net to download the relevant documents.
V. Insurance Premium
Note: The insurance program information is subject to the update of Ping Annuity Insurance Company, Ltd.
VI. Purchase Procedures
1. Visit the website www.lxbx.net, click on the icon (Student check payment) and log in with “Passport Number” (Capitalize letters and delete non-characters, no space).
2. Select and verify your information.
3. Select preferred insured duration and fee: one year, RMB800. (Half year is only for the non-degree student with study period less than 6 months)
4. Follow the online instructions and complete the payment.
Please be aware that:
1. To complete the payment, you should have at least one of those bank cards with such signs as UnionPay, Master, Visa, JCB, or American Express and make sure that the bank card can be used for on-line payment.
2. If you use international credit cards to complete the payment, additional fees will be charged by the banks as commission fee. Therefore, we suggest that you pay the insurance premium by those bank cards with the sign of UnionPay to avoid the additional fees charged by the banks.
3. You are suggested use Internet Explorer (IE) for the online payment. In case of errors, it is advised to refresh the page or try another browser.
4. The insurance program becomes valid in two weeks after the successful payment and then you can log in the system and check the serial number of your insurance program contract.
School of Humanities Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Unichina International Insurance Brokers (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
Copyright @ 2016 Shanghai Jiao Tong University Address: No. 800, Dongchuan Road, Minhang District, Shanghai, P. R. China